History of LifePoint
During the 1950’s a group of six ladies gathered in a home Bible study, just north of the old Valley Center Library. As those ladies gathered, they prayed for the city, and surrounding area. From those prayers a vision was birthed for a Pentecostal church in Valley Center. With the support of the Kansas District of the Assemblies of God, and the partnership of Central Assembly of God (now Calvary A/G) a fellowship was birthed. The local library became the initial gathering place.
Through the years with dedicated leadership, involved and committed congregation, and continued prayer the church built its original building, and have expanded three times since.
Being engaged and involved within the community has been a part of LifePoint’s DNA through the years. As well as missions. With several trips being taken, former staff serving in foreign fields, and the generosity of the church to give of time and resources to help fulfill the mandate given by Christ to go into all the world and preach the Gospel (Matthew 28:19).
In 2007 the church experienced a name change from Valley Center Assembly of God to LifePoint Church. The name change better reflected the vision to our community and world. The mission of LifePoint is Living the Kingdom of God through our Life Message, Involvement in one another’s lives through Life Groups (small group ministry), Facilitating passion and ministry through discipleship and training, and Effectively touching our circle of influence through lifestyle evangelism.
We are grateful for our heritage, and are excited about what lies ahead of us.